Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I reinstall aperture 3 without paying twice ?

I changed my macbook. after tranfering alle the datas (importing via timemachine), aperture 3 will not start correctly. th computer asks me to reinstall aperture. do I need to download it again ? can I reinstall aperture without to pay again ? or is there another way?

mac os is uptodate (7.5).

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:50 AM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2012 3:17 AM in response to furi72

after tranfering alle the datas (importing via timemachine), aperture 3 will not start correctly

What is the architecture of your old mac and the new mac? Was the old mac an an intel machine, as your new mac probably is?

th computer asks me to reinstall aperture.

What is the exact error message you get?

do I need to download it again ?

How did you buy Aperture?

• Did you buy a boxed retail version? Then reinstall from the original media and enter the serial number from the box.
  • Did you download a trial version and buy a serial number from the Apple Store? Then download the Aperture 3.1 trial installer again from here: Aperture 3.1 Trial. You will have to use software update immediately after installation, before opening Aperture, for the version will be older than your current version.
  • Or did you sign into the AppStore with your apple ID and bought from the AppStore - without serial number? In that case move Aperture from the Applications folder to the Trash and sign into the AppStore with your Apple ID, go to the "Purchased" tab and click "Install".

This support article lists the various options how to reinstall in more detaile - don't be distracted by the off-putting title of the document 😝 Aperture 3.4: May quit unexpectedly on launch after updating

Regards

Léonie

how can I reinstall aperture 3 without paying twice ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.