Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera tether problem with capture one 7 and 5d mk ii

Am trying to use a canon dslr camera model 5d mk ii tethered usb to a Mac Pro mid 2010 with

2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon and the ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB graphics card running lion 10.7.5 with capture one pro 7 by phaseone.

the application seems to function normally for working with existing RAW camera files but when i attempt to tether the camera i get this error:

Description: Exception: NSInvalidSendPortException. [NSMachPort sendBeforeDate:] destination port invalid

Domain: com.phaseone.captureone

any solutions?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:22 AM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2012 8:47 AM in response to Jfiske

Although camera connections aren't my forte, it appears that the camera and your Mac are not communicating via the software; here are the app's specs:

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One-7/Specifications.aspx

To rule out the software as the problem, have you tried to get the files on your Mac without using it by just dragging and dropping (you could then use the app for editing since you say that works)? Have you also tried using the camera's memory card with a USB card reader (rather than plugging in the camera)?

Dec 28, 2012 9:54 AM in response to babowa

PhaseOne support revealed that canon hasn't released the SDK for the camera for use in v7 of capture one so the suggested a work around copying it from the EOS utiltiy app contents (where their app uses it) to a location in the package contents of the capture one app they specified and this works.

camera tether problem with capture one 7 and 5d mk ii

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.