Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm buying an iPad mini is 16GB enough?

I'm 14 and so my budget isn't hugesince I'm saving for it myself but I was wondering if I would find 16GB enough memory for my purposes such as social networking, music storage, apps (both things like 'Temple Run' and things for my schoolwork). Is it pushing it for memory and should I keep saving? thanks for reading 🙂

iPad

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:28 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2012 7:39 AM in response to Megwards_

Hard to say. The only real storage hog in that list is the music. Depending on how much you want to carry with you, 16GB may be fine, especially if you use a cloud service like DropBox for other file storage and access.

My first iPad (original, WiFi ony) was as 16gb model and I managed pretty well with it, but still chose to go to 32GB when I purchased the third gen this year. I should add that I have a sizable music collection and use iTunes match, so have ready access to my collection when I'm connected.

On the other hand, you cannot upgrade the hardware on an iOS device, so if there is any doubt, you might want to save a littel longer and go with a 32GB.

Dec 28, 2012 7:43 AM in response to Megwards_

This is a personal decision but I suggest buying the largest storage you can afford. I would definitely consider 32 GB though. If you eventually download movies you will need the extra storage.

You can regularly sync the iPad to your computer and keep a lot of the lessor used files there until you really need to have them on the iPad. That will save space for sure.

Dec 28, 2012 7:44 AM in response to Megwards_

If you aren't planning on downloading many vidoes and movies, 16Gb should be just about enough. You may still feel a little cramped further down the road, but it should suffice for the forseeable future.

If you plan on dowloading movies, then 16GB will get used up impressively quickly.

Its your call wether you want to wait and save some more for more space. You can of course manage your space, by cleanign up and deleting unised things regularly, so the 16Gb last a bit longer.

I'm buying an iPad mini is 16GB enough?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.