Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I watch a movie on planes without wifi access?

Can I watch a rented movie on a plane without wifi access?

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 7:34 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

From my own personal experience, I have found that when I turn off the Wi-Fi on my Wi-Fi only iPad, I am still able to play rented movies on it. I have tried this perhaps four or five times and in each case, this has been the result. I have also noted that other users have had the same experience as I.

However saying that I have noted a small number of users that have stated they are unable to view rented movies without an Internet connection. This knowledge base article from Apple, also suggests that an Internet connection is required.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2012 7:34 AM in response to Lisapoblocki

Welcome to the Apple Community.

From my own personal experience, I have found that when I turn off the Wi-Fi on my Wi-Fi only iPad, I am still able to play rented movies on it. I have tried this perhaps four or five times and in each case, this has been the result. I have also noted that other users have had the same experience as I.

However saying that I have noted a small number of users that have stated they are unable to view rented movies without an Internet connection. This knowledge base article from Apple, also suggests that an Internet connection is required.

Can I watch a movie on planes without wifi access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.