Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '11 9.4.2 does not recognize new photos on iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1

Today when i connected my iPhone 4 the iPhoto app does not recognize new photos from my photo library on my iPhone. Help! Thanx!

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Intel iMac

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 1:48 PM

Today, I did try something, i changed to a different USB port and connecting cable from my iPhone to my iMac and with iPhoto already open the photos were visible and i was able to download my newest iPhone photos to my iMac. I did this due to the fact that i had this same connectivity problem with the external back up device i use and when i switched that device to a Firewire cable (from a USB) i can now do external backups. Not sure if the issue is with the cable or the USB port, but this worked for me!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2012 1:48 PM in response to JLdraw

Today, I did try something, i changed to a different USB port and connecting cable from my iPhone to my iMac and with iPhoto already open the photos were visible and i was able to download my newest iPhone photos to my iMac. I did this due to the fact that i had this same connectivity problem with the external back up device i use and when i switched that device to a Firewire cable (from a USB) i can now do external backups. Not sure if the issue is with the cable or the USB port, but this worked for me!

iPhoto '11 9.4.2 does not recognize new photos on iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.