Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

local_domains.db duplicate entry

Hi everyone,

I'm seeing the following error repeated every so often in my SMTP log:

Dec 28 12:45:14 rocking-mm.com postfix/postmap[19452]: warning: /Library/Server/Mail/Data/scanner/amavis/local_domains.db: duplicate entry: "rocking-mm.com"

I'm not sure what is causing this, as I am running on a brand-new install of OS X Server 10.8 using Server App 2.2.

I have seen some other posts which refer to things like host domain and mydomain being the same, but none of that makes sense to me, as everything was filled in automatically during the setup process. Unless, of course, the setup process is flawed and this is a bug (which wouldn't surprise me, there are plenty of other bugs as well).

Any help is appreciated!

~Mike

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion, 8GB RAM, Mini 5,1

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:53 AM

1 reply

local_domains.db duplicate entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.