Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I switched my iPhone off, he switched automatically on. What is wrong?

Every time I switched my iPhone off, he switched automatically on. What is wrong and what can I do about it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:36 PM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2012 1:38 PM in response to Wörthersee

How are you switching it off? Are you holding the home button and sleep button on top at the same time until the phone shuts off? or are you just holding the sleep button until you see the 'slide to power off' slider? If you're doing the former, you're not actually shutting off the phone, you're resetting it. If you're doing the 'slide to power off' thing, and your device isn't staying off, it is possible that you have a hardware issue. Create a backup, then restore your device as new. If the issue still happens when you have a wiped device, it's a hardware issue for sure and it needs to be replaced

Dec 28, 2012 2:09 PM in response to Wörthersee

I had this happen to me one time. I connected the iPhone to the power adaptor i.e. charger and then switched it off. It stayed off after that. Sometimes, if the phone was connected to a charger when switched on, some glitch makes it switch on again when disconnected and switched off. Don't know if this will work now, but it did for me on my old iPhone 4 earlier.

Every time I switched my iPhone off, he switched automatically on. What is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.