Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iCal across multiple user accounts

I'm trying to do what I would think would be an easy and oft-requested endeavor -- sync iCal calendars across different User accounts on my computer as well as my work computer. To illustrate, I'd like to be able to schedule an event on iCal and have it show up in my wife's calendar, which is in a separate User Account on my Mac. Of course, I'd like to see her events as well AND see them on iCal on my work computer. Can this be done?

Mac OS X (10.7.4), 12GB RAM

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:26 PM

8 replies

Dec 28, 2012 5:40 PM in response to infinite vortex

Hmmm, I don't see that icon anywhere in iCal. Where exactly is it located?

And what is the iCloud web site?

One thing I did just notice is that, in my account (which my wife can successfully see), under the Calendar menu item at the top, I have "Share Calendar..." while my wife's iCal calendar (that I cannot see) doesn't have share, it has "Publish Calendar..." Not sure if that's part of the problem or not, but...

Dec 28, 2012 6:21 PM in response to Raymond Fox

It should be right next to your calendar name. If it's shared then it will be always visible, if the calendar is not currently shared, but sharable, it will appear and be clickable when you put the mouse over the calendar name. Given your wife can see your calendar you're probably looking at the wrong calendar.

The iCloud web site is at…

http://www.icloud.com/

Dec 28, 2012 6:40 PM in response to infinite vortex

Interesting, never knew there was an iCloud website. Ironically, it wouldn't open in Safari (just got a spinning progress wheel), but it opened up fine in Chrome. :/

So, I logged into iCloud under my wife's Apple ID, clicked on the calendar icon, then clicked on those icons to the right of the two calendars shown (Home and Work), selected Private Calendar, and added my email address which is linked to my Apple ID. I hoped that would do the trick to allow me to see her calendar entries in iCal in my account, but it didn't.

Am I correct that the process outlined above should display my wife's entries onto my iCal calendar? Or do I need to go view her calendar online somewhere instead of seeing the entries on my own iCal calendar?

Sync iCal across multiple user accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.