Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macs won't network since installing ML

I own a mid 2009 Macbook Pro and an Late iMac 2009 21.5". Both were running Snow Leopard and I recently decided to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Since doing so the two computers can not connect using CMD+K, lost the ability to print on a shared printer that was working previously, and can't share files. Airdrop is the only thing the works. I am on a wireless network and nothing has changed except the upgrade to Mountain Lion.

Both are running the exact same version as well. I'm completely lost, any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:43 PM

10 replies

Dec 29, 2012 4:01 AM in response to arthur

Thank you for trying but unfortunately none of the above. Neither mac displays the other when the CMD-K "Browse" option is used. I also just noticed in finder that the Shared and Networked Folders are checked off (Showing Back to My Mac, Connected Servers, and Bonjour Computers) to be visible, but neither mac displays them in finder.

Dec 29, 2012 11:26 AM in response to xiphos83

I tried to ping each computer using the granted IP Address after resetting my network connections and reconnecting to my wifi router. Each Apple Computer connects to the internet as before but when I ping them, for example 192.168.1.2, I received:

"ping :sendto: No route to host

"ping :sendto: Host is down

I'm running a WPA 2 Personal that's settings have not changed since upgrading to Mountain Lion. I don't think it's any firewall problems.

Dec 29, 2012 12:45 PM in response to xiphos83

I was just finishing up when you posted Eric. The two computers did connect when I managed to get out some cable and hook them into the router. Still strikes me as odd since, again, nothing changed other than both updating to Mountain Lion.

I went back to WiFi and then stopped recognizing each other. I reset my wireless settings, nothing. So I completely reset my router using the button and set it up again from scratch. That seems to have worked for now, though it strikes me as very odd seeing as everything down to the IPs that were being used before and after the Mountain Lion upgrade was the same.

My Macs won't network since installing ML

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.