I've just started to set up my iCloud email.
I use Entourage and and my wife uses the standard Apple Mail.
The version of Entourage I have is -
Entourage@2008 for Mac
Version 12.3.6 (130206)
Latest installed Update 12.3.6
I haven't made any alterations to my settings yet but I see that you say that Entourage supports SSL and iMap.
However the Account Settings fields are labelled POP server for the Receiving mail and SMTP server for the sending mail. Does this matter?
There is an option to check a box which says " This POP service requires a secure connection (SSL)" but no mention I can see of iMap.
Does this mean I will have to get a newer version of Entourage in order for me to continue to use it to iCloud?
I'm assuming that iCloud mail simply works through the standard Apple Mail without any issues?
- In Entourage for Mac, on the Tools menu, click Accounts > New.
- In the New Account window, under Add new mail account, select IMAP or POP from the drop-down menu next to Account type, and then click OK. You might want to use IMAP because it supports more features.
- On the Edit Account page, do the following:Under Account name, type a name for this account.Under Personal Information:
- Next to Name, enter the name you want people to see when you send them email.
- Next to Email address, enter your full email address, for example, email@example.com.
- Next to Account ID, enter your full email address.
- If you're using IMAP4, next to IMAP server enter the IMAP4 server name. If you're using POP3, under POP server, enter the POP3 server name. For information about how to find your incoming (POP3 or IMAP4) server name, see How do I find the server settings? later in this topic.
- Next to Password, enter your password. If you want to save your password, you can select the check box next to Save password in my Mac OS keychain.
- Click Click here for advanced receiving options.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the tick box next to This IMAP service requires a secure connection (SSL), and then click the close button in the upper-left corner of the pop-up window.
- Next to SMTP server, enter the SMTP server name. For information about how to find your outgoing (SMTP) server name, see How do I find the server settings? later in this topic.
- Click Click here for advanced sending options. In the pop-up window that appears, do the following:Select the tick box next to SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL).Select the tick box next to SMTP server requires authentication.Select the Use same settings as receiving mail server option, and then click the close button in the upper-left corner of the pop-up window.
- On the Options page, select the options you want. If you're using IMAP4, you can also select options on the Advanced page.