6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2014 12:06 PM by Joejhanrahan
ozdude Level 1 (45 points)

Hi there, I do not have "Tap to click" enabled, however every now and then, when I pass the mouse over the menus, the menus are activated and pull down. Is this a hardware issue with the trackpad?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • ozdude Level 1 (45 points)

Anyone else have any clues? It happens so randomly I am not sure I could get it to happen at a service appointment. It's definitely not the tap to click.

• dominic23 Level 8 (37,632 points)

System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Double-click speed:

Try to lower the speed.

Best.

Nah that's not it, but thanks anyway. It's nothing to do with clicking. Randomly I will pass my mouse over the menu bar and the menus activate.

Thought I'd try again, anyone experiencing something similar? Every now and then when I move the mouse to the top right menus, the menus will select, even without clicking, and I do not have touch to click enabled.

• clarence50 Level 1 (0 points)

I am now having the same or similar issues, frustrting, I am wondering if my issue is due to Mavericks? the batteries only last a week or two now, it intermitantly selects and hilites anything it passes, I change the (rechargeable) batteris, wiped the trackpad, double checked its settings/ preferances, still an issue at times, could the thing be defective or mavericks? what else

• Joejhanrahan Level 1 (0 points)

I am suffering the same thing, I am dragging items into places that I don't want them & deleting things when that's the last thing I need!

If anyone else knows what the problem is or how to sort, please help us out.

Thanks in advance.

J

Macbook Air, 10.9.4