Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else had a problem with playback right after placing a cut in a multicam project?

I am working on 4 multicam projects concurrently. 2 sets of same shows but different performances. One program is funtioning just fine, the second studders (pauses) for 8 to 10 seconds after each edit, then jumps ahead to where the play head should be. It really slows the process down. I keep trying diffetent things, like proxy, original media, etc. but it dosent seem to help. I am nearing the end and don't particully want to start all over, but that may be the only solution.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:21 PM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2012 10:39 PM in response to cameronthomas

Also, Keeping an eye on the processors via activity monitor, I noticed that every time I select an edit in the multicam clip all but one processor stops funtioning and that one runs up to 100%. This only hapens while editing this one particular project. All other projects work fine. The stall lasts about 10 seconds but only the video freezes, the audio continues to play on.

Any sugestions, or ideas of things to try. Open to anything.

Has anyone else had a problem with playback right after placing a cut in a multicam project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.