Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frustrated... how to re-install Qmaster?

Hello all... after a lot of clustered submissions from Compressor 4 using Qmaster (which I just thought I mastered), I started getting the error message: "An internal error occurred: Apple Qmaster File Agent not found".

I tried trashing preferences for all my pro apps, restarting, etc. etc. etc. Reading through other threads about this error message, one person recommended to delete all pro apps, including Qmaster, and reinstall from the app store.

So, I did that. Deleted FCPX, Motion 5, Compressor 4 and Qmaster using DR's handy software. I reinstalled everything from the app store, but now Qmaster is missing.

How do I get it back?

Any suggestions? I've looked everywhere on how to do this and can not find an answer.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:46 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2012 2:10 PM in response to Russ H

Hey Russ,

Thanks for chiming in. After re-installing everything 'X' (Compressor 4, FCPX, Motion 5), Qmaster isn't even there. I did find it in the location you said to look in, but it's not showing up in System Preferences. So Compressor 4 and Qmaster won't communicate at all. I ran Compressor Repair, and here's the error messages I got:

User uploaded file

That's only part of it... I couldn't copy and paste it from Compressor Repair or expand the window to get a full screen shot.

So I'm not sure what to do. I've already removed Compressor and re-installed it (along with FCX and M5). Do I need to remove the old Final Cut Studio too... in other words... remove everything FCP related, 7 or X, and then try reinstalling everything?

Dec 29, 2012 3:04 PM in response to Matt13

First, if it make you feel any better, I've had that file agent not found message before.

Qmaster is now integrated with Compressor 4 (hence, "embedded apps"). The Qmaster that shows (or used to show) in Systems Preferences pane is version 3.5., which ran with C 3.5. I have no idea why FCS Remover would remove that version unless you checked that box.

In any event, if Qmaster 3.5 seems to be no longer around, here's what I'd suggest.

Remove C3.5, C4, M5 and FCPX using the Remover app. (And you might as well check off Qmaster, just in case some obscure files that relate to version 3.5 are still present.)

From the FCS3 disk, install Compressor 3.5 (and Qmaster, if it's a separate install…I can't remember and it would be a pain to look now.)

Next, followthese steps for running FCPX and legacy FCS apps on the same start up disk. (Note the little folder dance with opening M4 first.)

After doing all this, repair permissions in Disk Utility.

Then…give Compressor 4 (and Compressor 3.5) a try. I'm betting they'll work for you.

Good luck.

Russ

Frustrated... how to re-install Qmaster?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.