Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a buzzing sound when recording in Garage Band (it is not background noise)

Hi, I hope someone can help me... I am trying to record a song on Garage Band (5.1) on my desktop iMac, using an external microphone (Samson CO1U USB Studio Condenser) and I really want it to make as studio-like as possible; the problem is that when recording I can hear a buzzing sound on the background (on the monitor through the headphones) and it really frustrates me... It is not backgroud noise percieved by the microphone, and I know this because if i lower the volume of the mic, or i don't know how you call that (it's the amount of sound the mic percieves), (I think it's recording level if I'm not mistaken), u can still hear it, like even when the mic is not percieving anything but it's monitored... Does anyone know how to solve this, i heard i also has to do with electricity

GarageBand '09, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:16 PM

2 replies

There is a buzzing sound when recording in Garage Band (it is not background noise)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.