Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add music from iTunes on MB Pro to iPhone 4s FYI:It's the only/same laptop I've used with this phone!

I cannot add any music to my iPhone 4s from my MB Pro in iTunes. This is the only laptop that I have used with this phone, so that isn't the issue.

When I try to "manually" add music, the playlist drags 'n drops, but stays gray and never shows up on the iPhone.

I can sync my iPhone and wipe all the music I do have on it and add all the music from my MB Pro, but I don't want ALL that music. Regardless of what I do, it seems all iTunes will let me do is sync it.

Based on the other archived discussions, this is an ongoing problem with Apple and a total PIA at that. We pay a premium for these machines and phones, but they no longer seem to play as well together as they used to. I've had an iPhone since they came out, however, I must say that my next smart phone very well could be an Android based device...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), virus, trojan, safari, google

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 10:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2012 10:26 PM in response to beccalyn29600

User uploaded file

Here's what my iTunes screen looks like, grayed out just like the rest of it...If I click on the box, it instantly comes up with the warning dialogue box stating that if I mess with anything it will sync my entire iTunes library to my phone, which I DO NOT WANT. Dang, I bought the stuff, I should be allowed to pick and choose!

NEVERMIND. I BIT THE BULLET AND CLICKED THE WARNING BOX ANYWAY, THEN I WAS ABLE TO PICK AND CHOOSE. Apple needs to re-word this box. I just wasted like 90 minutes of my life, afraid to check a stupid box because I didn't feel like screwing up my phone. Thanks.

Cannot add music from iTunes on MB Pro to iPhone 4s FYI:It's the only/same laptop I've used with this phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.