Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable genius playlists in iTunes on my iPad? I can't find it anywhere.

When I try to click on the Genius button in the Music app, my iPad tells me I need to enable Genius Playlists in iTunes. How do I do this in iTunes? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn on Genius Playlists.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 6:53 AM

Same question

8 replies

May 26, 2016 3:16 PM in response to islandchile

None of the above helped me.

If you are asking yourself where the f&*((^*%()*(& is the "store" or the "itunes store" button these people are talking about then maybe it's where I found it...

(note that due to "intelligent" drop down menu technology, your mileage may vary WIDELY...

1. (within the itunes app) click within the text search box area (top-right corner; magnifying glass icon with a text search window next to it)

2. a selection pop-up comes on (maybe...)

3. within the pop up is a "itunes store" tab

4. click on that tab

5. then the sixth item down is "turn on genius"

**** on computer programmers. they suck.

How do I enable genius playlists in iTunes on my iPad? I can't find it anywhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.