Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is phone application in mini ipad

Why there isn't phone application in mini iPad wifi cellular version? It has nano sim tray and the nano sim is recognized with carrier name. If no phone application than what is the use of nano sim? Is there a way to install phone application similar to the one in iPhone so we can use mini iPad as phone in the field if iPhone runs out of battery.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 6.0.2, I have nano SIM already installed

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 4:31 AM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2012 4:56 AM in response to Nathan-D

That means we must have an access to broadband or data plan in order to make calls using third party"s phone application. If no phone application with nano sim installed, in my opinion that can make mini iPad a little annoying to carry with. Why wouldn't apple make it as a phone as well. Eventually it will server better purpose to have mini along with while traveling. In my case I go where broadband isn't accessible but cell phones are. You may want to recommend this change if you work for apple or I hope they read my request and make a patch with phone application to install in mini iPad. After all mini iPads are not cheap. It cost me $700 for my mini. With $700 if we can't have flexibility to use that *****.

Where is phone application in mini ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.