Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow from Aperture on 2nd Monitor

Hi:

I am hoping someone can come up with a solution for me. I have my photographs in the Aperture library running on my iMac 27". I have a second monitor connected to the iMac. I would like to run a continuous slideshow on the second monitor using all the photos in my library, preferably in a randomized manner. Ideally, this would run independently of Aperture, just drawing the photos from the Aperture library. If I have to have Aperture running to do this, that's OK too. Lastly, my ideal would be for the slideshow to be automatically updated as I add new photos into the library.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Pete

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 6:14 AM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2012 10:30 AM in response to peterfromdresher

Hi Pete,

The easiest thing to do is use one of the built-in (to OS X) screen-savers. "Classic" will do what you want. Of course, there are fancier treatments to chose from.

You set these at "➞System Preferences➞Desktop and Screen Saver➞Screen Saver". Your Mac keeps a separate screen saver setting for each monitor. You can select all the Images in your Aperture Library, or any container in your Library. You can randomize the order.

Does that meet your need?

Slideshow from Aperture on 2nd Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.