Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi speed issues and random wifi drops.

Hi,

I recently received an ipad mini for Christmas. It is a 32gb wifi only model. From the first day I got it I noticed the wifi being very slow much slower than my iPhone 4S. Every few minutes I would loose the Internet even if I was one room away from the router. Today I went to apple and got a replacement. I stayed on 6.0.1 for a while and was still having the as,e issues then I updated to 6.0.2 and nothing changed even though the update details said it fixed a wifi bug. I saw on a YouTube video that someone said it was a compatibility issue with routers and only net gear works. Is this true?i would really appreciate any help I could get. I have read up on this and tried resetting my Internet settings, checking my routers channel, restarting the ipad and restarting the router and it has fixed nothing. When I'm beside the router I'm getting speeds of 30Mb/s but when I move one room away it slow way down to around 7Mb/s. Anyone know a solution?

iPad

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 10:07 AM

There are no replies.

Wifi speed issues and random wifi drops.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.