5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2012 12:18 PM by Eric Root
Symbiodin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Mail Question: Previous Recipients: I am having a strange problem with my Mail previous recipients list. I've delete MailRecents-v4.abcdmr from the appropriate place in the Library and have logged out and then logged back in on my account. When I select Previous Recipients from the Window menu, the list is empty, but when I type a known contack address into the To: line on an email, I still get a long list of possible addresses that are not in my Contacts. These same addresses could not be found in my listing of previous recipients before I deleted MailRecents-v4.abcdmr. Does anyone have an idea where these unknown addresses might be coming from and how to get rid of them?

• KarenSelena Level 4 Level 4 (1,960 points)

Mail gets this info from your address book.  Check there, and delete the old email addresses from Address book

• Symbiodin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the suggestion Karen, but when I said "Contacts" in my original email, I was referring to the address book. These unknown email addresses are not in my Address Book. Since I wiped my previous recipients list by deleting MailRecents-v4.abcdmr, they aren't there either. That's why I can't figure out where they're coming from.

• Eric Root Level 7 Level 7 (30,760 points)

Try Mail/Window/Previous Recipients.

• Symbiodin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done that. My Previous Recipients list is empty because I deleted MailRecents-v4.abcdmr from the appropriate place in my Library. Despite the empty Previous Recipients list, the unknown email addresses still show-up as autofills? This is why I'm stumped.

• Eric Root Level 7 Level 7 (30,760 points)

You are welcome. Reading some other threads, deleting from where my post pointed worked. Now there are two of us stumped