Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We just got an iPad mini and an iPhone 5. We can't connect to my daughter's wireless network (Belkin). What's really crazy is that my iPad 2 and my husband's iPod are having no problems. We've entered the IP address et al manually. Checked but no access

We just got the new iPhone and iPad mini. We are trying to connect to my daughter's Belkin wireless router. We have our iPad 2 and old iPod with us and they are having no problems connecting. What's really crazy is that they are ALL running on ios 6.0.2! I entered the IP address et al manually and both devises show that the network is connected (check mark next to the router name in Setting Wi-Fi and full bars for signal strength) but my phone continues to use 4g and the iPad mini can't access anything. This is the first time I have experienced an IBM type problem with an Apple devise! All efforts to fix the problem, including resetting the network settings and the wireless router have proven fruitless. I'm not used to this frustration with Apple products.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, Same issue with new iPad mini

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 10:40 AM

3 replies

Dec 30, 2012 1:02 PM in response to TannFaith

I am having the same problem with brand new Ipad Mini at my house.

It connects to the WiFi fine - but will not pull an IP address in DHCP mode, or if I set all the IP info statically - it still will not get any network access.

This doesn't look like a WiFi issue, as it does connect and is seen by the WiFi Access Point. All the normal WiFi fix stuff doesn't help.

- Using a Dlink DAP-2553 which is less than 2 months old.

Other devices connect fine, including Ipad 2.

This same Mini worked fine at another house and also connected to a mobile hotspot fine....so seems to be some weird IP issue with maybe this Access Point or maybe the older Router that I have (older Netgear)?

I am actually a network engineer and still have not been able to find a solution. Both the Ipad Mini and the Dlink WAP have the latest firmware loaded.

Wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Dec 30, 2012 1:06 PM in response to jlbats

Actually - I just re-did one of my tests.

If you manually set the IP info statically (turn off DHCP on the Mini), then it does connect and work.

In my case, my older Netgear router is acting as my DHCP server - so seems like maybe related to that - or some weird interaction between the Router, WAP and the Mini.

Setting it statically is fine as long as it never leaves the house - so hardly a long-term fix.

We just got an iPad mini and an iPhone 5. We can't connect to my daughter's wireless network (Belkin). What's really crazy is that my iPad 2 and my husband's iPod are having no problems. We've entered the IP address et al manually. Checked but no access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.