Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need book or ? on eMac/Tiger

Need help with eMac / Tiger its utilities, troubleshooting and general operation.

The Mac Help and Apple site don't provide much detailed or indepth information on troubleshooting or how to use the machine, its software and data.

Is there a book(s) that will explain everything about the eMac and Tiger.

Thank you in advance,

Deb

eMac 2005 1.42ghz Combo 75gb 1gb Ram OSX 10.4

2 WD FW HD's 160gb & 320gb Creative Speakers

Posted on May 1, 2006 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2006 7:35 AM

A long-time leader among popular references has been David Pogue's OS X: The Missing Manual series.
4 replies

May 1, 2006 9:07 AM in response to Debberss

I'll second JVMP's Missing Manual recommendation. I don't have the Tiger edition, but yesterday I grabbed the Panther version and it told me all I needed to know about switching network locations, and it worked!

But you won't find much in the literature specifically about your eMac, other than the small eMac User's Guide, and the PDF copy, that should have come with the machine. Other than the naming of the parts, there's not really too much to say on the hardware side.

eMac Combo 1GHz/1GB/60GB Mac OS X (10.4.6) CanoScan D646U, Canon iP1600, CrossFire 120GB, DSL

May 3, 2006 3:37 PM in response to JMVP

Hi JMVP and K.S....... thank you for responding.

That book sounds great...going to find it and order it today. TY

I'm really not after anything of the internal parts nature, as I am info on the libraries, why are there 3 of them, what do they control, what files/settings can and can''t be altered, how to read and interrupt logs, activity monitor activity, Network Utility data, and in-depth info how to use / configure things like directory service, bonjour, terminal, automaton

My eMac is so messed up and is just getting worse. Most of my logs have error messages and only log one screen page at a time, then starts a new log, even the .gz ones.

I like troubleshooting, when I understand what I'm dealing with and the inter working of it, and how to "undo", if I mess something up.

It's like that saying goes "give a man a fish" and he eats for a day" "teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime"......I'm the later part, I want to learn, so any and all advice, comments, info, websites, forums site, will be and are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,
Deb

eMac 2005 1.42ghz Combo 75gb 1gb Ram OSX 10.4

2 WD FW HD's 160gb & 320gb Creative Speakers

May 3, 2006 6:49 PM in response to Debberss

Hi Deb,

Along with JMVP and K.S.' recommendation, I "am" a true believer in the power of search when it comes to the Apple Knowledge Base accessed right here in Discussions through the above Advanced Search tab.

Also, if you are not aware of the fantastic resource of the X-Lab site by Dr. Smoke you should take alook and snoop around. A fantastic troubleshooting and informative site that you can find in The X-Lab FAQs. The full version can be found by purchasing the e-book there.

best,

littleshoulders [:-)

Need book or ? on eMac/Tiger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.