Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible Color Calibration iMac 2012

I have been tryiing to calibrate the color on a new 27 inch 2012 iMac but the color is badly out. I have a 23 inch cinema display and also compared it to an iPad both of these pretty much match but the new iMac is way out lacking in red and too much green. I am using the system color calibration in expert mode.

Anyone else having simliar issues? All advice welcome.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 10:48 AM

8 replies

Jan 10, 2013 3:02 AM in response to baltwo

I went to the Apple store and checked out every machine and the colours were the same apart from on a Mac Book Air. On an iPad 2 and iPhone upto and including an iPhone 4s it was the same as the Air which were the same as my 23 inch Cinema display calibrated by eye. I then used a hardware calibrator which synced both screens and was quite a bit different from doing it by eye and closer but certainly not the same to the initial iMac setting but considerably less bright.

So basically as the vast majority of users will never calibrate their monitor and of course cannot do on an iPad and iPhone then there is no such thing as correct colour when creating websites. Print of course is an entirely different matter.

I have yet to go to a store to compare on Windows.

Terrible Color Calibration iMac 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.