Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you import/export garage band projects using the latest version of iTunes when there is no apps in the left column to select garageband?

I am perfectly aware of how to do this using the old version of itunes.

however i just got a new macbook pro retina... and it came with the latest version of itunes.

and i was trying to import/export garage band files between my ipad and mac via itunes.

and the option for apps, that is usually on the left side where you can then select garage band from in itunes, isnt there in the new version of itunes.

has anyone got a work around for this?

thanks.

nic

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 12:12 PM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2012 4:22 PM in response to nicoleleedavis

Nic, for me the iTunes window looks like this, when I connect my iPad 3:

User uploaded file

• I select the iPad in the "devices" section of the Sidebar (use: "View > Show Sidebar" if the sidebar is hidden).
  • Click the "Apps" tab in the "Devices" pane.
  • Scroll all the way down in the Devices pane to "File Sharing" "Apps" section.
  • Then do I click "GarageBand" to select the documents in the right panel.

Which part is different for you? Perhaps you could post a screenshot?

Regards

Léonie

How do you import/export garage band projects using the latest version of iTunes when there is no apps in the left column to select garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.