Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV will be in a Media Cabinet out of line of sight for an IR. Can I use a remote IR repeater with Apple TV? where is the sensor?

My Apple TV will be in a Media Cabinet out of line of sight for an IR. Can I use a remote IR repeater with Apple TV? where is the sensor?

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 11:45 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 5:12 PM in response to bcj0616

Were you ever successful with this? My Apple TV only works intermittently with my IR repeater. Same with my Direct TV DVR/Cable box. I was told that both of these devices are unusually sensitive and that the IR signal from the repeater has to be attenuated. I'm trying to figure out how to do that. It should be relatively simple to insert a trim pot in the cable between the repeater box and the transmitter button that stick on the front of the Apple TV on the IR receiver window. Anybody have any experience with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.