Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro Login Screen Pixelated

I just bought the new macbook pro 13" retina 256GB, I have noticed when ever the display goes to sleep and back to the login screen, the entire screen is pixelated and i have to move my mouse to view parts of the screen. I have searched many fourms and found this is a common problem among macbook pro users. Should i be worried if any parts are faulty, and if so will this be covered under the standard apple 1 year warrenty.

I would take it to a apple genius bar, but whats the point all they ever come up with is "that will cost £££££".

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 12:44 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2012 1:20 PM in response to Jack-Jones

User uploaded file

Jack-Jones wrote:

will this be covered under the standard apple 1 year warrenty.

Yes

I would take it to a apple genius bar, but whats the point all they ever come up with is "that will cost £££££".

That is not true. See below....

You are still under warranty. Call Apple Care. Make sure you get a case number as all repairs have an additional 90 days of warranty.

#1 - You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your computer with no questions asked.

#2 - You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support.

#3 - You have the standard one year Apple warranty.

#4 - If you've purchased an AppleCare Protection Plan, your warranty last for 3 years. You can obtain AppleCare anytime up to the first year of the purchase of your computer.

Take FULL advantage of your warranty. Posting on a message board should be done as a last resort and if you are out of warranty or Apple Care has expired.

User uploaded file

New Macbook Pro Login Screen Pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.