Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can MBP run 2 wireless connections?

I want 2 wireless connections on my MBP so I can use my iPad as a second display (with ad-hoc connection) and still be connected to the Internet. Many coffee shops don't allow device-to-device connections over the local wifi.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 1:25 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2012 11:33 PM in response to sanjampet

This really didn't address my question. I know how wifi works. My question is can I add a device, probably some access point device, and have two network connections active on a MacBook Pro Retina. Specifically, I want to connect to the internet through the local wifi hotspot, and on the second connect, connect to my iPad so I can use Air Display.

Thanks,

David R

Dec 30, 2012 3:39 PM in response to DavidRansier

One more try.... I've done some additional research and have a clearer idea of what I'm trying to accomplish, but I still don't have an answer from this forum. So here goes one more time.

Here's the setup I want to use:

1) A WiFi connection from the internal adapter - this will probably be the connection to the internet via the local coffee shop's hot spot.

2) An access point attached via an ethernet port (through a Thunderbolt adapter). This would provide a second WiFi connection to my iPad's Air Didsplay app.

So, the question is, can I have a simultaneous connection via WiFi ands Ethernet?

Thanks,

David R

Can MBP run 2 wireless connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.