Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo sharing replacement for mobileme galleries

HI all,

I'm sure there are others out there, like me, who built their entire gallery strategy on using Apple's "mobileme galleries," and now you have had to find a replacement for that becuase as we all know....There will be no replacement for Galleries in iCloud, you'll need to find another service to host your photos.

So..what have you people done to solve the issue.

I'd love to know. I am still using iWeb and have a host for my site, but I need something to get some galleries on display. I used to love using the "mobileme galleries" and really miss that so much. It was so elegant and simple.

If there are any suggestions you can share, please fire away.

Thanks in advance, and so long for now, TOM

iMac (24-inch), Mac OS X (10.6.8), & 10.5.8, & !0.4.11

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 1:48 PM

9 replies

Jul 19, 2013 3:58 AM in response to Roddy

But sadly jalbum downsizes the photos, whereas MobileMe allowed people to download the full sized photo if they want, so it was great for sharing shots, like weddings, for people to choose which ones they wanted, without loss of quality. That's the replacement capability I'm looking for. It beats me why apple discontinues best in class software like galleries and iWeb....

Aug 5, 2013 4:39 PM in response to paulgodier

The following if from iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

What resolution are My Photo Stream photos?

On your Mac or PC, your photos are downloaded and stored in full resolution. On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV, your Photo Stream photos are delivered in a device-optimized resolution that speeds downloads and saves storage space. While actual dimensions will vary, an optimized version of a photo taken by a standard point-and-shoot camera will have a 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution when pushed to your devices. Panoramic photos can be up to 5400 pixels wide.

photo sharing replacement for mobileme galleries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.