Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Bluetooth doesn't work, only stay in searching and doesn't found anything why?

My iPhone is new, but my Bluetooth doesn't work, I don't know why? It's the iPhone 5 I will hope your answer. Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 2:00 PM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2012 2:04 PM in response to Abellcue

What are you trying to use it for? If there aren't any Bluetooth devices near you, it won't give you a list with devices in your vicinity.

If you're trying to connect to a car kit / Bluetooth speaker / ... that is in your immediate surroundings and it doesn't show up in the list below the Bluetooth switch when it's turned on, there's probably a malfunction in your phone. In that case, you should go back to the Apple Store for an exchange/repair.

Hope this helped!

Dec 29, 2012 2:33 PM in response to Abellcue

An iPhone and iPad can't be connected via Bluetooth that way. (For example, there's no way to exchange files between the two). One way to connect them via Bluetooth is through some games in the App Store that use Bluetooth to play against each other.

Another way is tethering. If you want to use the mobile internet from your iPhone for your iPad, you have to make sure that Personal Hotspot is activated on your iPhone and you have to go to your iPad and turn Bluetooth on. The iPhone will show up there as a Bluetooth device and it will let you use its mobile data if that's supported by your mobile plan.

Otherwise, the Bluetooth connectivity is limited to speakers, car kits, headsets, keyboards.

Dec 29, 2012 2:31 PM in response to Abellcue

Bluetooth is supported for stereo headsets/speakers, handsfree telephone

devices/headsets, some keyboards, some peer-to-peer apps from the

app store and internet tethering where provided by the carrier.

Other than this it will not connect to a phone/computer/device. (thanks to ckuan for the wording)

My Bluetooth doesn't work, only stay in searching and doesn't found anything why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.