Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp slows down startup

Hey all,

so the main problem is that my iMac (mid 2011) running mac osx lion has an extremely slow boot up time. Tbh, the bootup time has always been slow compared to other macs that ive seen sometimes up 7.5 minutes, but it all works in the end, so i never worried about it.

However, when I installed Windows 7 on bootcamp, it got worse it now takes up to 20 or even 30 minutes to load everything on the mac partition. After that everything is as speedy as it used to be.

Besides that the only notable problem on the windows partition is a disconnected mouse and keyboard at the login screen. The keyboard and mouse do come back, but it takes another 20 minutes for that to happen.

After that it all works nice and neat again.

Essentially windows boots up pretty fast, but my mac partition doesnt (as explained).

One explanation could be that my startup disk is windows and that i have to use the option menu(alt) to access my mac partition.

Can you please give me your thoughts on this question, please?

PS: the recovery partition also takes ages to load.

PS2: By slow i mean overall slow, it pretty much takes ages on every single part of the bootup: it takes quite a bit of time to load up the option menu; it takes quite a lot of time with the apple logo and it takes some more time to load up desktop. I also use auto login do I fear this is not the solution.

(not going for PS3 though :D)

Thanks alot

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 21' low end model mid 2011

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 4:38 PM

There are no replies.

Bootcamp slows down startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.