Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain shortcuts aren't working

I recently moved my library over to my iMac from my Macbook Pro and I noticed certain shortcuts are not working correctly for example I used to be able to hit the letter T and it would have Metadata info about the image that would pop on the screen. Now I have to go in and manually select it and it stays on the screen until I go back and turn it off. I used to be able to hit T to bring it up and T again to remove it off the screen. I noticed the same thing with a couple of other former shortcuts that worked on my MBP but not on the iMac.

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 6:10 PM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2012 9:06 PM in response to DVX100Shooter

You can export the custom command set from one Mac and import it into the other to get the exact same keyboard shortcuts. (Aperture->Commands->Export) from your Macbook Pro then copy that file to your iMac and (Aperture->Commands->Import)

If you only had a couple of commands that were customized it might be just as easy to just start from the default set on your iMac and customize those commands that you want.

To elaborate on what Frank said, the metadata shortcut was "T". Apple changed the default command set at some point during an update. The default for the metadata popup changed from T to ⌃T. If you are using the default command set, the command will be ⌃T. If you have a custom command set that you created prior to the Aperture update that changed the default, your shortcut will still be T.

Certain shortcuts aren't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.