Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 shows low connectivity with my Airport Express

Both my wife and I have iPhone 5s.

We replaced an older airport with a new 2nd gen Airport express until we have money to buy a time capsule. Anyway, we figured that it would be faster then out old airport with the 5Ghz 802n that our old didn't support. I hooked it up, and the setup was a breeze. But then I noticed a problem...

My wife's iPhone 5, as well as her MacBook Pro connect with no problems at full signal strength. So do our iPads. My iPhone though consistently shows low signal strength throughout our home. When I run the airport software, it shows all the devices connected with good speed, except my iPhone 5, which is shown as poor.

Does anyone have thoughts/ suggestions?

Thanks,

Carl

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 6:37 PM

This sounds like it could be an antenna or radio issue on the iPhone 5 - if "forgetting" the network and doing a hard reset doesn't help then I would suggest contacting Apple Support at - http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

2 replies

My iPhone 5 shows low connectivity with my Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.