Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off the backlight for keyboard on Macbook Pro. This gives me option of reducing light to 5 seconds but it comes to play once I start typing. I just want that to be off. When I want it, I will switch it on.

How to turn off the backlight for keyboard on Macbook Pro. This gives me option of reducing light to 5 seconds but it comes to play once I start typing. I just want that to be off. When I want it, I will switch it on. Majority of the time, I will use my macbook with the lights on in the room. There would enough illumination from the screen. I can type without really looking at the keyboard. We could also save some battery life.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac App Store

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:12 PM

Hi,

If you want to adjust the backlight on your keyboard use your F5 and F6 function keys. F5 will dim and ultimately turn off the backlight for your keyboard, and F6 will turn it back on and brighten it. I hope this helps.

~A~

2 replies

How to turn off the backlight for keyboard on Macbook Pro. This gives me option of reducing light to 5 seconds but it comes to play once I start typing. I just want that to be off. When I want it, I will switch it on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.