Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Apple TV.

Hello, i have brought my Apple TV 3 with me on vacation and when I first turned it on in the hotel, it was stuck on "setting date and time". After I clicked the menu button and it only displays two icons; computers, and settings. I have also brought my ipad, iphone and computer, and have set up home sharing on all devices, but I cannot use airplay. I think the reason for this is the public Internet router (I do not have access to the router, it is the hotel's). There is also another problem, when I try to update the software it says update was not successful. I don't know what version of software it is running or which it is trying to update to. Thank you for your help.

Apple TV 3, time and date problems

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:50 AM

Most hotel wifi require a log in via a web page which apple TV cannot do so it does not find the network, hence the two icon only symptom.

4 replies

Help with Apple TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.