Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS10.7.5 update blocked outgoing Mail

After installing the OS10.7.5 update from Software Update onto a Mac Pro, I cant send email from Mail. I have 3 accounts with 3 different SMTP outgoing servers and all 3 are listed as 'Offline'. Why has this occurred and how can I switch them 'online'????

I have verified the SMTP settings which are unchanged and all 3 are correct.

Weccome suggestions and any explanations ?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:55 AM

3 replies

Jan 20, 2017 5:57 AM in response to Robbherbal

This problem with ALL mail account outgoing email servers going and staying offline has been around since at least 2013 when another user reported the problem. I am fighting right now with my Mac Mini running 10.10.5, Yosemite. It was functioning fine, then all outgoing servers went offline and nothing I do fixes it. I have Macbook Pro running 10.10.5 sitting right next to it, with Mail set up exactly the same, and Mail on it continues to work just fine. So it definitely is specific to something that happens on the Mac, and not on the email server or the settings. Playing with email passwords and settings will not fix it, and I do not have a fix yet. Lots of folks with this problem, but no answers. Great work Apple support!

Dec 30, 2012 3:27 PM in response to Robbherbal

Am having same issues. This is definitely an Apple problem as I have checked with my ISP (BT Internet) - there is no problem there. Also I have a PC on my home network which still works fine. Only two machines not able to find SMTP outgoing server (and has it permanently marked as offline) are my MacBook Pro and iMac. Bizarrely, iPad and iPhone are fine and still can send emails via home network. So, all fingers pointing at the recent 10.7.5 update. Looking for any help on this too.

Dec 31, 2012 11:51 AM in response to MG 11OR

Yes, I agree the problem is related to the 10.7.5 upgrade through Software update.

I have a freind with me now, also with a Mac Pro of same vintage, but has not upgraded to 10.7.5 Interesting think is that her mail works fine of my BT hub. She has no problems with SMTP servers and gets mail in and it happily goes out.

Seems it must be within the Mac upgrade, but is there a solution???

Could all those skilled Mac linked members of the forum offer their wisdom and even suggest solutions we can try? Please?

Would downloading and installing a complete Comby 10.7.5 and reinstalling be wise or may it just bring new, additiona problems.???

Welcome any suggestions please

OS10.7.5 update blocked outgoing Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.