Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

major iTunes 11 bug discovered!

hi,

as you can see on my attached screenshot I discovered a major problem within itunes. I ripped all the 6 cd's of this audiobook via itunes and then tagged it as "audiobook". It's now in the books section as I want it to be, but there's no way to sort them via discs. So as you see it's a total mess right now and I'm not able to listen to them in the correct order. Did this problem happen to somebody else as well??

cheers!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 8:00 AM

16 replies

Dec 30, 2012 8:34 AM in response to elotrix

There are MAJOR sorting problems in iTunes 11. It is not just found in what you have shown us, I posted a week ago about many other sorting problems I discovered throughout iTunes, and it's inability to sort playlists, audiobooks now, in the correct order that they should be displayed. The problem also leaks into iOS devices and iPods as well. My playlist orders are all a complete mess on my iPhone, iPad, and iPod ever since iTunes 11 was released. There are many other bugs with sort order revolving around the "Live Update" checkbox as well.

Dec 30, 2012 11:01 AM in response to elotrix

The solutoon is how all the tracks are tagged with Metadata. This is another article which gives the principles

http://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/grouping.asp

If this is to much hassle you could use a program like Audiobook builder which will stitch all these tracks together produce m4b files ( Bookmarkable Audiobook files) and send them to itunes.

Have a look in app store for sofware there are others besides Audiobook Builder

Dec 30, 2012 11:58 AM in response to Steve Taylor1

I bought Audiobook Builder btw, but if you've a look at my attached screenshot you'll see that it makes no sense for me to merge them all in a single file.

I just don't understand why itunes is messing up my audiobook when I tag it as audiobook. To further simplify my problem:

In the music section my album is sorted like this: 1. disc first track to the last, 2. disc first track to the last,.. but when I tag it as audiobook it's like this: 1. track of the first disc, 1. track of the second disc, 1. track of the third disc...

here's a screenshot when the album is in the normal music-folder:User uploaded file

Dec 30, 2012 12:52 PM in response to elotrix

Ok What i suggest is the following

Select all the tracks that came with the First CD right click and Get Info

Set Album name as whatever you want + _ Disc1 at the end

Repeat for CDs 2 through 6

Then you should have 6 Albums with the tracks on them.

Then Right Mouse click on a single track and Get Info

For this track fill in the track number if it id track one of a cd with 20 traks on it you would enter 1 OF 20. Repeat for all tracks in this cd and you will end up with an Album with all the tracks listed correctly.

Repeat for other cds

Use the feedback link to send feedback to Apple

major iTunes 11 bug discovered!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.