Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Calendar folder to Square 1?

~

I think I've messed up Calendar on my wife's new MBP-retina, running ML.

In the past, we synced iCal across machines by using DropBox, which involves Terminal commands (ln -s) to redirect iCal to the Calendars folder under DropBox.

I've tried to 'undo' this by moving the Calendars folder back under ~/Library and removing the alias caused by the ln command. After that, Calendar tried to sync to iCloud, but it just sat there for much longer than it should, and there was no access to Calendar when that was going on. Had to force quit.

I've tried renaming/deleting all Calendar folders under ~/Library. Things look better now in that I can create new calendars on her system, but when I try to sync them up to the calendars that I have on my system, using System Preferences -> iCloud -> Calendars & Reminders, I'm getting "Setting Up..." and a spinner that is simply not going away.

Perhaps I'm approaching this the wrong way - we just want to have one set of calendars (multiple calendars labeled "home", "work", etc.) that we can both update from either machine.

Is there a way to unravel this situation, or a good way to get back to Square 1?

It might be important, also, as I'm still updating my calendars to DropBox, but don't want to break that link until her side is fixed up.

Thank you!

Rob

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 8:59 AM

There are no replies.

Reset Calendar folder to Square 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.