Thanks Michael. Before I gave-up and came to discussions I had removed the iOS devices from iTM and relauched. Each twice, actually.
I discovered I had at least 2 problems simultaneously; 1st, my semiannual library rebuild. Boy I hate that. 9 hours later most (guessing 98%) showed on my iOS devices. I still have about 800 songs that haven't shown-up yet but they are "waiting" to match. They have been waiting to match since Thursday without change. These are albums iTM recognized but, for some reason, is waiting for the second coming before uploading.
Thanks for your hint. Rebuilding (deleting) the library seems the 98% fix.