Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad/Cursor behaving irratically?

Hello there!

I seem to be having issues with my 13" Macbook Pro. My cursor is moving/jumping all across the screen and has become unresponsive. I'm not sure if this is a trackpad issue or not. I have tried everything I have seen on the internet. It started occuring last night so I have shut it off, restarted it and unplugged the charger. Left it overnight shut off and turned it on this morning with no luck. I have reset the PRAM (Command+Option+r+p+), restarted it, went and threw my install DVD to repair permissions and what not. None of this has worked! I did go into my settings and turned off all track pad functions. Somewhat fixed it but the cursor is still being a problem as I type this. I also wiped off the trackpad to see if that helped. Now I am here asking for help. Can someone shed to light on anything else I can attempt to solve the problem before I take it to my somewhat local Apple Store?

I need my computer to complete homework assignments and projects so a fast fix would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Brock

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 9:28 AM

4 replies

Dec 30, 2012 9:52 AM in response to sanjampet

Thank you for your quick reply, so far the mouse hasn't done anything like it did before. I haven't turned on any of my original options yet. I forgot to mention my MacBook Pro is running 10.6.8, I updated iTunes last night also. Could iTunes be a significant influence on? Whoops, I lied the irratic mouse bahavior just started again when I was typing the last sentence. Any other possible ideas?

Trackpad/Cursor behaving irratically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.