Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused

when i post to facebook using siri with my iphone5 it posts as it can only be viewed by me how do i make those posts public?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 9:36 AM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2013 6:56 PM in response to chevylover27

Found the solution eventually buried in Facebooks website help area. If anyone has problems getting Siri to post status updates to FB and they are showing up as "Only Me" posts go to Facebook under a web browser and look in your settings then click on 'Apps' then scroll down to currently the bottom setting option 'Old Versions of Facebook for mobile". It probably is set to "Only Me". Change it to Friends or Friends of Friends and you should be fixed.

They explain this setting in the same box and basically say if the mobile app you use doesn't have a selection option available to choose the audience your posts default to this setting. Which makes sense. You can set it secure as "Only Me" to be safe or open it up. Since so many apps now give you the option to affect what the audience is we forget this setting is down here. For me in the past I probably set it secure and private or might even have set it when I set my settings to be more locked down thus it being set to "Only Me."

IOS 6 seems to follow the right format because the share widget under the notifications window has the set audience per post pull down option but Siri does not, obviously with her doing things verbally, and thus this setting affects who sees her posts for you.

Hope this helps someone else. It bugged me on an hour drive home and then an hour or so searching when I got here.

Confused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.