Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does photostream on my iPAD have different photos than my appletv/ iPhone?

So I have photostream/icloud enabled on my appletvs (3) my iPad and my iPhone. My iPAD has all my pictures from before i did a wipe on my iphone but all other devices only show newer photos since the wipe? If they were wiped out why are they still on ipad? Cached somehow? I thought the point of icloud was to save all the photos like it seems to be on the ipad?

Only other idea is iphone storage is low but i thought that was on the cloud anyway? That also wouldnt explain why apple tvs have same stream as my phone. Is it possible that through a wipe of my pc/itunes or a reset on the phone I somehow have two photostreams going and thr one on my ipad just needs merged somehow?

Would 1800myiphone be able to assist at all? Id like all my pics from the ipad stream on the other devices

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 11:07 AM

Photostream in the cloud only keeps photos from the last 30 days (subject to a 1,000 photo limit). When photostream syncs the photos to your device they will stay there until deleted, which means you may well have more photos in your photostream album on your device than there are in photostream in the cloud.

The consequence of this is that if you turn photostream off and on again on your device, it will only be populated with photos from the last 30 days, which may not be all the photos that were previously in the photostream album on that device.

If you want the missing photos on all the devices, just add them to photostream on the device that has them.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2012 11:07 AM in response to UNKN0VVN

Photostream in the cloud only keeps photos from the last 30 days (subject to a 1,000 photo limit). When photostream syncs the photos to your device they will stay there until deleted, which means you may well have more photos in your photostream album on your device than there are in photostream in the cloud.

The consequence of this is that if you turn photostream off and on again on your device, it will only be populated with photos from the last 30 days, which may not be all the photos that were previously in the photostream album on that device.

If you want the missing photos on all the devices, just add them to photostream on the device that has them.

Why does photostream on my iPAD have different photos than my appletv/ iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.