Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 3 year old has downloaded a £70 app can I get my money back? He has somehow purchased, 'vault of gems' on Mini Pets. It seems unbelievable that an upgrade to a kids app is £70!!! I suppose this is how these robbers make money.. Any help appreciated.

My 3 year old and I downloaded, 'mini pets'. app. Whilst playing he managed to purchase a 'vault of gems' for a staggering £70!!!!

Can we get our money back? I can't believe there was no security or the iTunes password to submit and how is an app upgrade £70 these people are rob dogs.

Please help....

iPad, App problem

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2012 5:34 PM in response to JohnGeorge14

JohnGeorge,

Apple allows apps to list themselves as "Free" if the initial download is free, even if the app has kid-oriented inducements for costly in-app purchases. The in-app purchases are almost always ridiculous, over-priced game accessories, of which your example of "vault of gems for £70" is right up there. It is way too caveat emptor for my taste, but each consumer can form their own opinion on that.

To Apple's credit, they have a good record of granting refunds providing you explain the extenuating circumstances (purchase by a minor) and only ask once. ContactiTunes Customer Service.

And immediately, you need to place restrictions on the devices. The restrictions are off by default (caveat emptor!), so you need to take action to place them. See this document: iOS: Understanding Restrictions

My 3 year old has downloaded a £70 app can I get my money back? He has somehow purchased, 'vault of gems' on Mini Pets. It seems unbelievable that an upgrade to a kids app is £70!!! I suppose this is how these robbers make money.. Any help appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.