Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help in deleting certain Apps

Hello everyone. I would like to know if I can remove Front Row, iChat, iSync and iWeb from my MacBook (MacBook4,1 on 10.5.8). Never used them and highly doubt I ever will. Besides, all of them happen to be discontinued. What I need to know is if I can remove them without harming my computer's smooth running since they were pre-installed with Mac OS – not just apps I downloaded from the internet. Honestly, it isn't so much related to gaining HD space but rather "why keeping something I really don't need". If eventually it's ok to remove them, please guide me how to – do I just drag these apps to the Trash and delete plist's and caches or...?

Thank you for your time and I apologize in-advance if I posted this in a wrong section.

P.S.: I do own the Mac OS disks that came with my Mac if that makes any difference.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 3:10 PM

Yes, you can safely delete those by dragging them to the trash.

You can also delete their redundant Preference files, although they do no harm left where they are.

2 replies

Help in deleting certain Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.