Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get my Windows 8 computer authorized. Option is not under 'Store' where it is suppose to be., Can't get my Windows 8 computer authorized in itunes. Option is not under 'Store' where it is suppose to be.

Trying to authorize Windows 8 computer with itunes. Itunes is downloaded but can't share music from other devices. Option isn't under 'Store' where help screen says it shoud be. ??

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 2:48 PM

7 replies

Dec 30, 2012 4:02 PM in response to crysabel

There's a couple of ways to get through to the authorisation controls in the 11.0.x versions.

The control is still in the Store menu, but first (if you're using iTunes versions 11.0.x) you might need to bring up the menu bar to see the Store menu.

If you're using 11.0.x, click on the wee boxy icon up in the top-left corner of your iTunes to see the "Show Menu Bar" control, as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

Then you'll find the control in the Store menu:

User uploaded file

Alternatively, if you don't want to bring up the menu bar, it's still possible to get into the authorise controls via nested menus accessible from the wee boxy icon. Here's a screenshot of where to find them:

User uploaded file

Jan 3, 2013 12:35 AM in response to mikepdx69

🙂 You're welcome!

Showing that menu which is hidden by default should be noted with http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12511.

Yeah ... that document's a bit odd isn't it? The information looks like a straight carry-over from the versions 10.x ... no mention of possibly needing to display the Store menu, and no mention at all of the alternative control that can be accessed without having to bring up the menu bar.

It's possible to give feedback about that directly to the Apple folks, if you like. The support feedback form might be best:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/

Can't get my Windows 8 computer authorized. Option is not under 'Store' where it is suppose to be., Can't get my Windows 8 computer authorized in itunes. Option is not under 'Store' where it is suppose to be.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.