Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Show from DVD into iTunes & Sync with iPhone 5

I added a TV show from DVDs I own into iTunes but when I try to add the episodes from iTunes to my iPhone 5 via syncing the TV show name in the Videos app comes up as the title of the first episode and not the show name. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it? I keep changing all kinds of things in the info and nothing works. I am very frustrated by this and I don't understand why changing the info field "Show" to the show's name doesn't fix it.

iPhone 5, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 3:14 PM

5 replies

Jan 20, 2013 6:00 AM in response to ilsaingrid

I use Mac DVD Ripper Pro and it's been great. My movie collection consists of about 500-some DVDs and I was able to rip almost all of these without any real difficulty (the only problem movie was The Color of Money, which would never rip for some bizarre reason, even stranger considering that it's an older DVD and unlikely to have the kind of copy guards that are on newer ones). There is one kink, though. In the past, despite saying they can't rip DVDs with a region code other than my SuperDrive, I was able to rip Region 2 DVDs just fine. Since the latest update, though, when it scans anything other than a Region 1 disc, it crashes.

Mar 24, 2013 6:02 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. Last night I decided to change the show name to something completely different, as a last-ditch effort. I changed it, saved it, and then changed it back again - and incredibly, that solved the problem. It doesn't make sense, but it worked. I guess it was some glitch in the background that was not visible to me.

Thanks for all the help!

TV Show from DVD into iTunes & Sync with iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.