Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a back-up disk

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 6:19 PM

9 replies

Dec 31, 2012 3:39 AM in response to Naloo

IT is helpful but it can't resolve the pro quickly

I'm not sure I understand that response. Can you clarify?

That article is a pretty good summary of the options available to you in this situation. If you don't have backups of your computer and your hard drive is damaged beyond repair, you need to use one of the techniques described there to recover what you can. Speed should not be your first priority unless all the data on your hard drive can be considered disposable. You should note, though, that some (or even all) the data on a hard drive that is corrupted beyond repair may already be too damaged to recover, and if the problem is being caused by a hardware failure, you may never get the chance to recover anything. Once you have resolved this particular situation, you need to start making regular backups.

Also, one question: I noticed that you used the word "virus" as a tag. Why? If you are under the belief that this problem was caused by malware, don't be. This isn't a malware issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.