Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

autofill

Anybody knowhow to add an address to autofill?

regards

Brian

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 1:18 AM

11 replies

Jan 29, 2014 10:21 PM in response to SnoLeopard

Have you selected AutoFill under Safari Preferences?

If not: Open a screen in Safari.

In the upper left corner click on the word Safari

A drop-down menu will appear. Click on Preferences.

A box will open and on the top you should see:

General - Tabs - AutoFill - Passwords - Security - Privacy - Extensions & Advanced

Click on AutoFill

Click on the one, two or all three of the choices available.

If you click on edit, your address book info will appear and you can make any changes that may be necessary.

AutoFill should now be working for you SnoLeopard.

Let me know if it works now, ok?

Jan 30, 2014 11:11 AM in response to SnoLeopard

I just found this under a community question "autofill not working properly":

snowyogi

I had the following problems in the course of trying to resolve the issue:

• Autofill was picking up the wrong contact info: e.g. work instead of home
  • Autofill was active, but would only fill in name and email after I deleted the work address, home would not be filled until I clicked on edit:AutoFill Form.

After deleting "my card", I got "autofill was unable to complete the form" even though when I clicked on preferences: autofill:edit card. This pulls up the first card that matches the name of the logged in user. To fix the problem:

1. Delete the card with the "my card" icon next to the name
  2. In system preferences, users, click Contacts Card:Open. This will create a new card with the userID as the name.
  3. Edit the card in address book
  4. Select the Card:Make This My Card menu. The icon will now appear next to the contact.

I never figured out how to to control the order in which multiple addresses and emails gets selected.

The system preferences contacts card is under users and groups in my system. I just tried these instructions on my computer and it worked for me. Solved the yellow box that would not go away problem! Yea! Thanks snowyogi! & good luck SnoLeopard.

autofill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.