Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple support for MagSafe - "T" shape exhibiting a strain relief issue

Dear all,

I´m very disappointed about the apple customer service in Munich.

I´m apple customer since 2001. I bought in this time serveral Macs, Macbooks (in the past powerbooks and ibooks), iPhones and Ipads.

Luckily, I had to go to the service center very seldom.

Unfortunatelly, now I have problems with the Macsafe and I had to go to the apple "genius" bar, today.

The Problem is the famous ""T" shape exhibiting a strain relief issue" and the replacement programm http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4127?viewlocale=de_DE

I unplugged the Macsafe very seldom, because I don´t use it mobil. The battery was charged only 10 times.

The Magsafe looks like new. But every time when I touch the wire only a little bit at the "T" plug, then it stopps charging and the Macbook Pro is running on battery mode. Then I have to try to put the wire in the right angle again and everything is fine. (It´s a little bit different to explain it in english, but it´s the "

"T" shape exhibiting a strain relief issue" problem.

You can read about the problem also on the german apple homepage:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1713?viewlocale=de_DE

Dieses Programm deckt Zugentlastungsschäden für einen Zeitraum von drei Jahren ab Kauf eines Netzteils mit einem Computer oder eines separaten Netzteils ab, oder bis zum 21. Mai 2012, je nachdem, welches Datum weiter in der Zukunft liegt. Netzteile, die nicht in diesen Zeitraum fallen, sollten anhand der Schritte im Abschnitt "Zusätzliche Informationen" in diesem Artikel überprüft werden.

Unabhängig davon, ob Ihr Produkt noch von der Garantie abgedeckt ist oder nicht, können Sie das Netzteil zu einem autorisierten Apple Service Provider oder Apple Store bringen, um es untersuchen und ggf. ersetzen zu lassen. Je nach Ergebnis der Untersuchung haben Sie ggf. Anspruch auf ein kostenloses Ersatznetzteil. Anzeichen von Unfallschäden heben die Abdeckung auf. Bringen Sie auch den zusammen mit dem Netzteil verwendeten Computer mit. Er wird benötigt, um einen möglichen Netzteilaustausch zu korrekt zu erfassen.

So I made a appointment and went to the Genius bar today.

Unfortunatelly, the "Genuis technician" was not really aware of the problem.

To be honest, I had never such a customer unfriendly expirence.

I explained the problem and showed him the problem on the apple homepage and said, that I use it quite seldom and not mobil.

Then he whispered to his collegue (-> this is very unprofessional)

And then he said:

No, this is only for USA. I have no rights. He don´t want to see the Macbook and the Magsafe.

I can buy a new one or get a replacement with only 3 Month Gurantee with 20 Euro discount.

Then I said, that this is written on the german homepage I read it in a forum that it is also valid for german.

Furthermore on the buttom is the sentence, that apple will check it (also if there is no warranty) and that they will replace it if necassary.

Then he said that the programme is only vaild till 21. Mai.2012 -> I showed him that there is written till 21.Mai 2012 or 3 years after purchase.

But there was no way to convince him. He only said that I can buy a new one.

I wished him a happy new year and got home.

This is really customer unfriendly and really waste of time.

The problem is known. Everyone can read it in the web.

Even on the apple homepage.

And it seems that nobody wants to know about it.

I don´t understand why the problem is written on the german homepage and that there is also written, that they will check it...

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 3:43 AM

There are no replies.

Apple support for MagSafe - "T" shape exhibiting a strain relief issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.