Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Majority of my library deleted

Whilst trying to sort out my library of some songs I no longer want, I deleted 2 albums which didn't properly delete, after 5 minutes or so they went. But also half my library.

I went to play an album and it could not locate it so I went in to Finder and located that specific album, all it had was the album art etc. No mp3's.

I didn't freak out too much because I use Time Machine and its all backed up. What has made me angry is the fact that it won't let me restore my library. Comes up with an error message saying there isn't enough space.

So to save time and hassle I've deleted my entire iTunes folder and I've made sure there is enough space. My iTunes library is 105GB and I have 200GB space left on my MacBook Pro, so I see no reason as to why it won't simply restore the folder back.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:19 AM

2 replies

Dec 31, 2012 4:46 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Nothing would work through Time Machine, it would just say 'not enough space'. I don't have the time nor patience to find what artist/album is missing.

What i've got working so far is a manual copy from the backup HDD in finder. It wouldn't let me copy the entire library but i'm doing bits at a time and its gradually copying it back over in to my library.

Majority of my library deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.