Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i cancel Mac App store download?

The computer is on a slow DSL internet and I need to cancel a 1GB dwonload that is shown to be estimated to take over an hour and a half to download so I want to perform the download at a later time. There appears to be absolutely no way short of Force Quit to stop a download.

Or is there?

PM 2x2.3, MP 2x2.66 Duo, MP 2x2.8 Quad and MBP 2.26 Duo Unibody, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 7:40 AM

To delete the download, open Launchpad and press the app that it's downloading to pause the download instead of deleting the app

6 replies

Dec 31, 2012 8:56 AM in response to mende1

[sarcasm \on]

Yes, what was I thinking????

How UNINTUITIVE I am for NOT making the OBVIOUS connection to open LaunchPad in order to pause/cancel/stop any downloads that I initiate through the App Store "Updates" section!

DUH!

The answer was in front of my face all this time and I couldn't connect the dots.

And here I was thinking of all kinds of happy thoughts with my Macs and OS X and it's much vaunted "ease of use."

I should "Just Think Different."

[sarcasm \off]

Whew, I really had to get that off my chest, especially as an Apple user since the Apple ][+, this obtusive way of pausing software updates under Mountain Lion is very disconcerting.

Many thanks Mendel! Appreciate the assist here...

How do i cancel Mac App store download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.